MADE IN USA TITANIUM TI THORNS
What is the most minimal tool that you would carry to protect your and others' lives? Not the best tool, not the most sophisticated or effective tool, but the minimum tool?
That was the design directive behind the Ti Thorns, and we think we hit pretty close to the mark.
Inspired by the truly nasty thorns found in the savannah and some rainforests, these are all titanium and frighteningly pointy. We knew we were onto something when we were sanding a prototype and (stupidly and accidentally) jammed almost 1/2" of one through our finger with almost no effort, and certainly no intention.
Here are the specs:
- Overall Length (OAL) approximately 4" with 1.25" hemp wrapped grip
- 0.06" thick Grade 5 Titanium
- Carbidized tip on back side
- POINTY but not sharp; this is a thrusting/poking tool, not a cutting tool
- Hemp wrap and finger loop (NOT epoxied... see below for why)
- Black tube sheath (ala @flc_knives) with Kevlar static line
Keep in mind that titanium is NON-MAGNETIC, but it IS METALLIC. Some metal detectors can pick up titanium, so this is not a 100% non-permissive environment (NPE) tool. Titanium is also somewhat conductive, so don't stick it in a light socket.
While hemp + epoxy wrap is incredible for grip, we wanted to leave you with the option to remove the wrap easily if there was a need to mount it into a larger handle. Two pin/wrap/mounting holes are in the small handle under the wrap to help with this purpose.
If they show in stock they are ready to ship. Orders go out within 24 hours.
Designed and Manufactured in USA at the CPG worQshop from USA-made and cut Grade 5 Titanium. As a handmade product, certain variances will occur.
Brand and Country of Origin Markings:
- Sterile - no brand markings
- No additional markings or country of origin on product